Best Surgeons For Eyelid Surgery In Miami
What Is Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, also known as eyelid surgery or eye bag removal surgery, is a cosmetic procedure that is used to enhance the appearance of the eyes by removing and tightening excess skin and fat from the eyelids. Eyelid surgery can help slightly lift the eyelid and reduce the appearance of a baggy or droopy eyelid. Eyelid surgery can also be done in conjunction with other procedures such as a facelift or a brow lift to achieve the desired look. Depending on your cosmetic or medical needs, blepharoplasty can be performed on the upper eyelid, the lower eyelid, or both the upper and lower eyelid. Blepharoplasty can also be used to create a superficial crease in the eyelid—this is known as double eyelid surgery. Your surgeon will advise you on what type of eyelid procedure you may benefit from most here at our Florida-based practice.
What Does Eyelid Surgery Involve?
- You will require anesthesia. Blepharoplasty is usually performed under local anesthesia along with intravenous sedation as an outpatient procedure.
- The incisions are made in the creases of your upper eyelids and just below the lash line of the lower eyelids.
- If only fat is to be removed from the lower eyelids, the incisions will be made inside the lower eyelids. This procedure is called transconjunctival blepharoplasty and is performed on patients whose major complaint is fat pockets beneath the eyelid.
- It is recommended that you give recovery time a period of at least 1-2 weeks after the procedure.
- After having blepharoplasty done, you can resume working activities after 10 to 14 days.
Blepharoplasty Before & After Photos
Am I An Appropriate Candidate For Eyelid Sur
You may be an appropriate candidate for eyelid surgery if:
- You have tired looking eyes due to age or heredity
- You are in good physical and emotional health
- You have realistic expectations
What Can I Expect During An Eyelid Surgery Consultation?
During your initial blepharoplasty consultation, you will meet with the plastic surgeon and their team. Your previous surgeries, your medical history, medications you are presently taking, and your overall physical and emotional health will be reviewed. Your skin quality will also be evaluated. Your surgeon will determine what you benefit from most and what will help to achieve your desired results. Blepharoplasty recovery time, costs, risks, and limitations will also be discussed. The doctor’s patient coordinator will review treatment scheduling with you.
Patient Financing options are available at Miami Plastic Surgery® and can be discussed in more detail during your consultation.