Radiesse Cosmetic Filler
What Is Radiesse?
Radiesse is a cosmetic injectable known as a dermal filler. Dermal fillers are injected into the skin to help add volume where it is missing, treat sagging skin, or reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Radiesse is made of small Calcium Hydroxyapatite gel microspheres. Upon injection, the result is immediate volume. And because Radiesse also promotes natural collagen production, the results are long-lasting. Radiesse treatment areas include regions of the face where there is volume loss or wrinkles, such as the chin, cheeks, under the eyes, and around the lips and nose. Radiesse can also be used to help plump up hands that are suffering from volume loss due to aging or other conditions. For some patients, Radiesse may also be used to help reduce the appearance of deep scarring. With Radiesse, treatment is quick, virtually pain-free, and requires little to no downtime, allowing you to jump right back into your normal daily activities.
Why Are Radiesse Injections Used?
Radiesse injections are used to help restore areas of the face where there is moderate to severe volume loss or wrinkles. Depending on your treatment needs, Radiesse may be used around the lips, nose, eyes, temples, or other facial areas. In general, Radiesse may be used to help:
- Treat wrinkles that extend from the nose to the mouth (smile lines)
- Treat wrinkles that extend from the mouth to the chin (marionette lines)
- Treat folds and sagging skin near the jawline (pre-jowl fold)
- Treat wrinkles located at the corners of your mouth
- Treat wrinkles located across the chin
- Add volume to fat-deficient areas of the face, such as the cheeks
- Restore lost volume of and soften the hands
- Reduce the appearance of veins and tendons in the hand
What Does Treatment With Radiesse Involve?
- Treatment with Radiesse is performed in the comfort of your doctor’s office as an outpatient procedure and involves your doctor gently injecting the Radiesse treatment solution into needed injection sites.
- To begin, you will take a comfortable seated position. Once you are comfortable and relaxed, your doctor will gently inject the Radiesse solution into the skin. The Radiesse solution may be combined with an anesthetic solution to help minimize any pain or discomfort throughout treatment.
- Depending on your treatment needs, the Radiesse filler will be injected into areas around the lips, nose, cheeks, or other affected regions. The number of injection sites will also vary based on your treatment needs.
- As the solution is injected into needed areas, your doctor may gently massage the treatment area, helping to administer the solution.
- Depending on your treatment needs, the procedure can last up to 15 minutes. Treatment with Radiesse is virtually painless and involves no scarring of the skin.
- While there is minimal downtime with Radiesse treatment, your doctor may recommend that you avoid certain activities and direct sunlight for a minimum of 24 hours.
- For most patients, visible results can be seen the same day as treatment or within a week of treatment. In order to maintain results, repeat visits may be needed. For some patients, results can last up to a year or longer.
Am I An Appropriate Candidate For Radiesse Treatment Therapy?
You may be an appropriate candidate for Radiesse treatment therapy if:
- You have wrinkles or fine lines of the face or hands
- You have loose or sagging skin of the face or hands
- You want to add volume to the hands or facial regions
- You have realistic expectations
What Can I Expect During A Radiesse Treatment Therapy Consultation?
During your initial Radiesse treatment therapy consultation, you will meet with the plastic surgeon and their team. Your previous surgeries, your medical history, medications you are presently taking, and your overall physical and emotional health will be reviewed. Your skin quality will also be evaluated. Your surgeon will determine what you benefit from most and what will help to achieve your desired results. Radiesse cost, benefits, recovery time, risks, and limitations will also be discussed. The doctor’s patient coordinator will review treatment scheduling with you.
Patient Financing options are available at Miami Plastic Surgery® and can be discussed in more detail during your consultation.
What Are The Benefits Of Radiesse?
If you are noticing signs of aging such as volume loss, sagging, or wrinkles around your eyes, lips, or other areas of the face, Radiesse may be an appropriate treatment option for you. Benefits of Radiesse may include:
- Minimized appearance of skin imperfections
- Enhanced volume in volume-deficient areas of the face or hands
- Reduced appearance of facial or hand wrinkles
- More youthful appearance of the face or hands
- Minimal downtime
If you are considering Radiesse treatment therapy in Miami, FL with the board-certified plastic surgeons at Miami Plastic Surgery®, call 305.595.2969 or fill out the form on this page to book a consultation.