What Is Sculptra?
Sculptra Aesthetic is a cosmetic injectable known as a dermal filler. Dermal fillers are injected into the skin to help add volume where it is missing, treat sagging skin, or reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
Sculptra, which is primarily used on the face, is composed of poly-L-lactic acid, a synthetic, biodegradable substance used in various treatment solutions and devices, including dissolvable stitches. Upon injection of Sculptra, poly-L-lactic microparticles are absorbed by the body, helping to gradually stimulate collagen growth over time, resulting in added facial volume and reduced appearance of wrinkles.
Sculptra treatment areas may include the cheeks, temples, forehead, around the lips and nose, under the eyes, and more. In some cases, Sculptra may be used in the buttocks or thighs. The number of Sculptra treatment sessions needed to achieve desired results may vary from patient to patient. However, generally, around three injections may be recommended over a three to four month treatment regimen. For some patients, Sculptra results may last as long as two years.
what is sculptra used for?
Sculptra Aesthetic dermal fillers are used to help add volume to areas of the face where there is moderate to severe fat loss, such as in the cheeks or temples. Sculptra may also be used to help reduce the appearance of shallow to deep facial wrinkles by adding fullness. Areas of the face in which Sculptra may be used include:
- Under or around the eyes
- Around the lips or nose
What Are The Benefits Of Using Sculptra?
If you are noticing signs of aging such as volume loss or wrinkles around your eyes, lips, or other areas of the face, Sculptra may be an appropriate treatment option for you. Benefits of Sculptra may include:
- Minimized appearance of skin imperfections
- Enhanced volume in volume-deficient areas of the face
- Reduced appearance of facial wrinkles
- More youthful appearance
- Minimal downtime
What Does Treatment With Sculptra Involve?
- Treatment with Sculptra is performed in the comfort of your doctor’s office as an outpatient procedure and involves your doctor gently injecting the Sculptra treatment solution into needed injection sites.
- To begin, you will take a comfortable seated position. Once you are comfortable and relaxed, your doctor will gently inject the Sculptra solution into the skin. An anesthetic solution may be used to help minimize any pain or discomfort throughout treatment.
- Depending on your treatment needs, the Sculptra filler will be injected into areas around the lips, nose, cheeks, or other affected regions. The number of injection sites will also vary based on your treatment needs.
- As the solution is injected into needed areas, your doctor may gently massage the treatment area, helping to administer the solution.
- Treatment with Sculptra is virtually painless and involves minimal downtime, allowing you to return to your normal daily activities as usual.
- After treatment, you may notice slight swelling and bruising at the injection sites. These side effects typically go away within a few days after treatment.
- For the first 24 hours after treatment, your doctor may recommend that you avoid extreme sunlight and apply a cold compression to treatment areas in timed increments. Your doctor may also recommend you gently massage treatment areas five times a day for five-minute sessions for a duration of five days.
- Because Sculptra works to gradually stimulate collagen growth, it may take four to six months before results are visible. In order to maintain results, repeat visits may be needed. For some patients, results can last up to two years.
What Can I Expect During A Sculptra Treatment Therapy Consultation?
During your initial Sculptra treatment therapy consultation, you will meet with the plastic surgeon and their team. Your previous surgeries, your medical history, medications you are presently taking, and your overall physical and emotional health will be reviewed. Your skin quality will also be evaluated. Pictures may be taken to help keep record of your before and after results. Your surgeon will determine what you benefit from most and what will help to achieve your desired results. Sculptra cost, benefits, recovery time, risks, and limitations will also be discussed. The doctor’s patient coordinator will review treatment schedule with you.
Patient Financing options are available at Miami Plastic Surgery® and can be discussed in more detail during your consultation.
Am I An Appropriate Candidate For Sculptra Treatment Therapy?
You may be an appropriate candidate for Sculptra treatment therapy if:
- You have wrinkles or fine lines of the face
- You want to add volume to certain facial regions
- You have realistic expectations