What Is Rhinoplasty Surgery?
Rhinoplasty is a cosmetic reconstructive procedure done by our plastic surgeons to either correct the structure of your nose or improve breathing through your nose. This procedure, which is also referred to as a nose job or nose surgery, can dramatically enhance and balance facial proportions. Rhinoplasty can be performed in men and women and across all races, including Caucasian, Asian, African American and Hispanic populations. There are two types of rhinoplasty procedures: closed rhinoplasty and open rhinoplasty. Closed rhinoplasty is performed directly through the nostrils, leaving no scars. Open rhinoplasty involves the use of incisions between the nostrils in order to reshape the nose.
What Is Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery?
For patients who previously had a nose job and need to undergo surgery again to correct both the structure of the nose as well as breathing functionality of the nose, a revision rhinoplasty surgery, also known as secondary rhinoplasty, is also available. The cost of a revision rhinoplasty may differ from your initial procedure. A consultation with our rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty cosmetic specialists can help you learn more about treatment prices, treatment schedules and other valuable information.
If you live in Miami, rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty are best performed by Dr. Wolf and the professionals at Miami Plastic Surgery®. Why trust the most central feature of your face to anything less? We see superior results and provide a caring and professional environment that will help you feel confident and secure in your decision to undergo this procedure.
What Can Rhinoplasty Correct?
Dr. Wolf has years of experience in rhinoplasty and has earned recognition from the plastic surgery community. With this procedure, you will see a difference in the size, shape and projection of your nose structure so you can feel confident in your appearance. Specifically, rhinoplasty can correct the following:
- Large tip
- Bulbous tip
- Hanging tip
- Wide bridge
- Crooked nose
- Flat bridge
- Visible bump or depression of the bridge
- Uneven or elongated nostrils
- Asymmetrical nose
- Anatomical abnormality that causes obstructed breathing functionality
What Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Involve?
Proficient in nose surgery, Dr. Wolf and his specialists will take care of you from preoperative preparation to recovery and post-operative appointments. We take the time to make sure every individual who comes to our Miami facility thoroughly understands every phase of the procedure:
- First, there is an initial consultation. We at Miami Plastic Surgery® want to make sure your vision for your rhinoplasty is congruent with our plan. We want to ensure your expectations are realistic and that we understand your desired outcome.
- Next is the actual procedure. You will require anesthesia.
- In most patients, incisions are made only inside the nose. Some bone and cartilage are removed or reshaped, and a splint is applied to the new nose to help keep its shape.
- This is an outpatient procedure. You will be released to go home on the day of surgery.
- It is recommended that you take off work for at least two weeks after having rhinoplasty surgery.
- You will fully recover from your rhinoplasty surgery by the end of three months.
The Rhinoplasty Recovery Process
Immediately following the rhinoplasty procedure, you will rest comfortably in a recovery room while we monitor the effects of the anesthesia. We recommend that you ask a trusted friend or family member to drive you home after the anesthesia wears off and help you get comfortable in your home.
Your nose and eye area will likely be swollen and bruised initially, but this will subside within a few weeks. Drinking plenty of liquids, eating soft foods and taking your pain medication as prescribed by Dr. Wolf will get you feeling better in no time.
It's wise to take short walks during your recovery to improve circulation, but plan to avoid any strenuous activity for up to two weeks.
At Miami Plastic Surgery®, we will monitor your healing progress, remove sutures and advise you when to return to regular activities. Our care team will be by your side every step of the way.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty?
You may be an appropriate candidate for rhinoplasty surgery if:
- You are unhappy with your nose's size or shape.
- You suffered an injury that has altered the appearance of your nose.
- You have breathing problems limited to your nose.
- You have reached mature facial growth — about age 15 or 16.
- You have good physical and emotional health.
- You have realistic expectations.
Benefits of Rhinoplasty
Dr. Wolf is committed to providing his patients with access to beneficial care. Deciding to have a rhinoplasty can do the following for your nose:
- Balances facial features: A small or misshapen nose can affect your jawline or cheekbone appearance. By correcting the size and placement of your nose, you can restore balance to your features and accentuate your natural attractiveness.
- Correct tip irregularities: The tip of an individual's nose can vary from upturned to drooping. Adding a graft or implant to the nose can rotate your nasal tip to project the right amount for your face structure.
- Defines profile: If you have gone through nasal trauma — such as a broken nose from a sports injury or car accident — it can heal poorly and result in a crooked nose. A rhinoplasty can smooth out any bumps and straighten your nose to mend any signs of trauma.
- Improves breathing: A deviated septum — when the cartilage in the nasal passages is crooked — can sometimes cause breathing difficulties. Repairing your poorly shaped septum will help you breathe more easily.
- Boosts confidence: Overall, a rhinoplasty can give you increased self-esteem. After all, your nose is the centerpiece of your appearance, and you deserve to feel confident.
How Old Do I Have to Be to Get a Nose Job?
Each patient is unique, and their circumstances need to be understood prior to rhinoplasty surgery. In general, potential rhinoplasty patients need to be both physically and emotionally mature.
Growth of the nose should stabilize prior to surgery, as continued growth after rhinoplasty can change the nose's appearance and cause facial problems.
Changing your nose can alter your appearance. Surgeons need to ensure that patients are ready for this.
The general age recommendation for most patients is between the ages of 15–17 for women and 16–18 for men.
Rhinoplasty Before & After
What Should I Expect at My Rhinoplasty Consultation?
During your initial consultation for a nose job in Miami, you will meet with the plastic surgeon and staff. Your previous surgeries, your medical history, the medications you are presently taking and your overall physical and emotional health will be reviewed. Your skin quality may also be evaluated. Photographs may also be taken for your medical record. Your surgeon will determine what you benefit from most and whether or not additional procedures will be necessary for you to achieve your desired results.
Recovery time, risks and limitations associated with surgery will also be discussed. The doctor’s patient coordinator will review rhinoplasty surgery costs and scheduling with you.
Patient Financing options are available at Miami Plastic Surgery® and can be discussed in more detail during your consultation.
Why Choose Miami Plastic Surgery® for Rhinoplasty?
At Miami Plastic Surgery®, we know how important it is for you to have that great boost of confidence when walking out our doors. With a staff of top-quality rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty surgeons, we make it our mission to give you the best possible results with the least amount of pain.
What Does Rhinoplasty Cost at Miami Plastic Surgery®?
A rhinoplasty procedure can vary depending on your specific treatment plan. We a detailed cost breakdown for patients once we determine the specifics of your unique surgical needs.
Because we believe everyone should have opportunities to achieve their cosmetic goals, Miami Plastic Surgery® offers financing options to help you get the care you deserve. We are pleased to accept Prosper Healthcare Lending and CareCredit to allow you to make monthly payments that fit your budget.
Schedule A Consultation
- “Beware of the plastic surgeon who’s always selling you some new technique or device” – By Dr. Carlos Wolf
- “Dr. Carlos Wolf: Are you ever too old for plastic surgery?” By Dr. Carlos Wolf
- “Dr. Wolf: Nadie quiere parecerse a Droopy” – By Dr. Carlos Wolf