The nose is one of the most prominent features of the face, so those who don’t care for the one they were given by nature or the result of an accident often wish to change it. Fortunately, the team at Miami Plastic Surgery® makes it easy for patients to enhance their nose’s shape, size and other characteristics for a more proportional appearance and improved self-esteem.
Common Concerns a Nose Job Can Address
Choosing to undergo nose reshaping surgery, commonly called rhinoplasty, is often the result of a lifetime of dissatisfaction with the current appearance of your nose. While you do not need a specific reason to undergo a rhinoplasty, some of the most common concerns a nose job can address include the following:
- Breathing difficulties
- Nose size
- Deviated septum
- Nose shape
- Upturned appearance
- Width of nose
- Bulbous nose tip
- Crooked nose
- Bump in the nose’s bridge
- Crooked appearance
How to Pick a Nose for a Nose Job
Setting realistic expectations and having an idea of your desired outcome is vital to ensure you are happy with your procedure. Some tips for choosing the perfect nose shape for your face include:
- Find inspiration images of your ideal types of noses for your rhinoplasty surgeon to review
- Browse before and after galleries of patients with similar features who underwent rhinoplasty
- Research your surgeon to learn more about their training and expertise
- If possible, use technology that enables you to “preview” your desired nose size and style on your face
Types of Rhinoplasty Available
The type of rhinoplasty you undergo will vary depending on your specific goals for surgery. Some of the types of rhinoplasty surgery available include:
- Liquid rhinoplasty: During liquid rhinoplasty, your surgeon will use a cosmetic injectable to alter the shape and contour of your nose for a nonsurgical alternative to traditional rhinoplasty.
- Ethnic rhinoplasty: With ethnic rhinoplasty, patients can preserve their cultural identity while enhancing their nose.
- Closed rhinoplasty: Since a closed rhinoplasty only requires internal incisions, there will be no visible scarring.
- Open rhinoplasty: An open rhinoplasty involves making incisions inside and outside the nose to create maximum visibility during the procedure.
Areas of the Nose a Rhinoplasty Can Address
Rhinoplasties are incredibly versatile and can address specific areas of the nose. Some particular features of your nose you can enhance through rhinoplasty include:
- Nasal tip: Through rhinoplasty, you can make the tip of your nose thinner or fuller for better balance with your other facial features.
- Nasal bridge: You can straighten, thin or widen your nasal bridge with rhinoplasty to create a different nose shape.
- Nostrils: Rhinoplasty can aid in recontouring the nose to achieve a proportional size and shape and improve breathing.
- Septum: If your septum deviates, it can make breathing difficult. A rhinoplasty will clear your airways.
Enhance Your Nose With the Team at Miami Plastic Surgery®
At Miami Plastic Surgery®, we strive to help all patients look and feel their best while providing high-quality cosmetic care. Our facial plastic surgeon and plastic surgeon have years of experience and will take the time to understand your surgery goals and specific needs to offer personalized solutions. Complete our online contact form to book an appointment and start your journey toward achieving your perfect nose shape today.