You probably don’t put much thought into the area under your chin – until you start to notice one day that you are starting to get a double chin. Then it may be all you can think about! If you are wondering how you can be rid of that extra fat under the chin, neck liposuction may be the answer for you!
What is neck liposuction?
A neck liposuction procedure is performed in your doctor’s office under local anesthesia. It involves two small incisions, into which your doctor will insert a liposuction cannula. This tool is used to suction away fat. After the procedure, you may look bruised and swollen for up to 2 weeks. You’ll be able to go back to work one week after surgery and you can get back to all of your normal activities in 2 weeks.
Is neck liposuction right for you?
Here are some other things you should know about neck liposuction:
• It is a great solution if you maintain a healthy lifestyle, with a good diet and exercise, but you just can’t get that fat under the chin to go away (after all, it is extremely difficult to find an exercise that gets rid of fat in this area!).
• The procedure doesn’t just get rid of fat – having less fat means that you will have a stronger jawline. This can change the shape of your face.
• As with any cosmetic procedure, you should have realistic expectations about what neck liposuction will achieve.
• Neck liposuction is popular with both men and women.
• It can be performed with other procedures to give you the results you want. These other procedures can include cheek augmentation, a nose job, or a brow lift – your doctor can go over your options with you.
Neck liposuction not only gets rid of that hard-to-remove fat under the chin, it can help to contour and sculpt your face. It can give your face a whole new, younger look, and after neck liposuction you won’t have to be self-conscious about your neck anymore! If you are interested in a neck liposuction procedure, call Miami Plastic Surgery® for a consultation. Call (305) 595-2969 today!